Friday, July 13, 2018

Almost 13 Years in Online Business



On November 21, 2005, I founded the Make Money From Home - Off and Online, an online group at Yahoo.com. That it is still existing today with 506 members amazes me; because, to my regret, I did not give the attention it should have gotten from me as its founder. 

The oversight was caused by the emergence of popular social media platforms like Facebook.com and LinkedIn.com. I joined these in 2008 and since then I've been using them as my main marketing tools for my multi-line Internet-based business.

I enjoy recalling the conditions around online business in 2005. In the Philippines, we had just the dial-up connection. Elsewhere, technology was developing by leaps and bounds. You can get an idea of these developments from posts I published in the above-mentioned Yahoo group:

On November 29, 2005, I wrote: "How would you like to learn about broadband internet with speeds of 10 Mbps to 1000 Mbps? This is found in South Korea, where there are no 56K phone modem users and where there are more than 30,000 broadband cafes that rent hundreds of PCs by the hour so that all Koreans have access."

Earlier, on November 22, 2005, I published this post:

"According to Victor June, my mentor and the billionaire founder of the World Server Network TV / World Marketing Network, revolutionary technology has always churned the forces of economic and social evolution. The invention of fire led to the agricultural economy, the invention of the steam engine led to the industrial economy, and the invention of fiber is leading to the Information economy. 

[Victor was the Korea-American who got me as one of his international partners in a successful online marketing business.] 

"He says fiber technology is reshaping the world economy. Unlike the agriculture and industrial economies, the means of production and access to the marketplace in the information economy cannot be controlled by a small number of people because the means of production is the human mind and access to the marketplace is an Internet connection.

"IT has changed the world economy and will lead to significant social changes. People who don't learn IT fall behind. IT illiterate people lose their jobs as their jobs and businesses become obsolete. Those who learn IT enjoy wealth and prosperity in the 21st century."

It was only last year when I got optic fiber connection at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment